10 Ways to Celebrate Women's History Month
Happy Women’s History Month!!!
So I actually just found out March is Women's History Month on March 1st, I’ll be honest, but like Black History Month, y’all already know we celebrate women, especially black women, 365 days a year. Nonetheless, with it being Women’s History Month, and today being International Women's Day, I was thinking of some ways we could celebrate it in ways we haven’t before. We’re all about self-love and supporting our fellow girlbosses over here, but what else can we do? How can we actually make an impact on the life (or lives) of our fellow women?
Here are some ways we've come up with to make the very most out of Women's History Month and celebrate, support, and bond together:
1. Volunteer at a women’s shelter
2. Make a monetary donation to a female charity
3. Send flowers to a woman you admire
4. Write a letter to a women who inspires you
5. Treat a woman to brunch/lunch (ladies love brunch)
6. Shop or use the services of a female owned small business
7. Create a playlist of girlpower influenced songs
8. Pay a female stranger a sincere compliment
9. Read a book by a female author and then write a letter to the author about how the book impacted you
10. Share something very personal via your blog or YouTube channel — you never know who is going through or went through something similar
My goal is for everyone who reads this to make a commitment to yourself (and your fellow woman) to complete at least ONE task this month. If you're able to do more, by all means, do more. I’ll be sharing my celebration of #WHM via the blog and Instagram later on this month, so keep an eye out for that. But, also let me know what task you ladies choose, or, if you have something not listed, share that too. Comment section is open. I can't wait to see everyone's feedback. Let’s start celebrating!